Eagle Pride In The Sky


From here on out, things might be a bit of a grey area, as we haven't really gotten around to making a full launch yet. One thing I do know, however, is that it is absolutely crucial that you obtain proper legal permission before running a full on flight, as to avoid any collisions with planes and other airborne objects. The organization which oversees this matter in the US is the FAA, which requires a flight plan to be submitted in advance. To quote from their website: ( Source)

After gathering the appropriate information for FAA Form 7233-4, or FAA Form 7233-1, you may use any of the following means to file your flight plan:

• Submit a hardcopy flight plan form to your local flight service station.

• Call Flight Services (1-800-WX-BRIEF or 1-800-992-7433) – The flight services specialist will file your flight plan.

• Submit your plan online through one of the following free services:

Direct User Access Terminal (DUAT) (Being discontinued)

Direct User Access Terminal Service (DUATS) (Dead Link)

Lockheed Martin Flight Services

Once in touch with a representative, make sure you ask for and provide as much information necessary needed to successfully (and legally) accomplish your flight. As for radio transmission, all seems clear when transmitting for the purpose of HABing, so long as you don't interrupt anyone else's signal, and being on the 434MHz band, that shouldn't be an issue.


Interpreting Data <<  >> Path Predictions